Friday, August 8, 2008

The Last Lecture

One of the things that Randy and I really enjoy is reading to each other, especially in the car. We've both become skilled at reading aloud from years of reading to our children as we traveled. Whichever one of us was not driving was reading. There have been a few times when we almost had to pull off the road because we were all crying so hard it wasn't safe to drive. I had bought a couple of copies of Randy Pausch’s book, The Last Lecture, to give as little gifts on our trip. Randy Pausch passed away while we were in Utah and so we dug one of the copies out and read it on our road trip to Southern Utah (Yes, we confessed when we gave it to my sister that we had carefully read it on our way). It was a great read and provided opportunities to think about and talk about some interesting things. I recommend it.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read something by him in Parade - the weekly newsmagazine. It was inspiring and sad at the same time.

Bill Grubbs said...

I actually watched his last lecture on utube. It was touching!