Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Brush with Fame


Chad Lewis spoke to our alumni board last week. His talk was amazing, touching, and inspirational. Before we moved to Chicago we lived across the street from the Lewises. I actually went to school with Chad's dad, and we still talk fairly regularly. Chad and Randy (the younger) were best little friends -- Chad with his bright red hair, and Randy with his white white hair. The first words out of Chad's mouth were "Where is Judy Peterson". He talked about our family and he made me feel like a million bucks. And HE was the one who requested the photo. So that was my little brush with fame. Until I "get a life of my own", I'll just be happy to rub shoulders with any celebrity I can get close to!

4 comments:

ellen said...

I'm embarrassed that I didn't know who he was -- but I know you!

Pauline Torgersen said...

I didn't know who he was at first, and I was going to look him up. Then I realized he was married to Ann Lewis, who I've known a long time. Then I realized who he was! It must be fun to be on the Alumni board. I get to go to BYU tomorrow for Women's Conferce training (for volunteers). I saw that new landscaping last April. It is beautiful!

Judy said...

Pauline, You still don't have it right. Ann is married to John Lewis who is one of the VPs at BYU. Chad is a former BYU football player, NFL player, and now works in the athletic department at BYU. If you were a man, an athlete, or 30 years younger you'd know who he was. Thanks for checking on me! Are your quilts done?

Pauline Torgersen said...

Oh, sorry! I usually follow BYU football,but not NFL, but I don't remember Chad Lewis! No, my quilts aren't done. I'm still doing homework to try to finish my BYU degree. Math is keeping me from graduating. Love your blog, it always inspires me.