Friday, November 18, 2011

Pie Scrap Treats


Do you make pie scrap treats for your kids. Then you're a great mom. I make them for myself! Fortunately, I've reached the point where I don't make a whole pan of them. Here's my favorite pie crust recipe:

For every pie crust you plan to make, begin with one cup of flour.
For every cup of flour, add 1/3 t. salt.
Use half as much shortening as you have flour. Cut with pastry cutter until fine crumbs.
Use half as much cold water as you used shortening.
Mix gently. Squeeze together into balls. Roll out on well-floured counter. Try not to handle your dough too much. Bake at 450 degrees about 8-10 minutes.

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

That would require me to make pie first. I'm going to try again this year. I haven't been successful yet.

Tawna said...

The kids (and I) love these! Planning to make some tomorrow.

Aprilyn said...

Guess what?! I MADE PIES!! I just hope they taste as good as they look.

Aprilyn said...

The pies did not taste good. Live and learn. Next year I will use your recipe.

The Captain said...

I'm the official pie maker of the Harrison family. For Thanksgiving or any other event. And I ALWAYS use the recipe you taught us while I was in YW! Every single time I make a pie I think of you with grattitude!
-Tenille (Harrison) Roylance