Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter


I was looking at my blog from a year ago, and for a full week I blogged every day about Easter, and most of them were serious, thoughtful blogs. This year, Easter just seemed to arrive on wings of lightning. We've just had fun days packed so full of activities and things to do that there's been little time for serious reflection, but here are a few of the activities we've enjoyed.


Last year I talked about dyeing E!aster eggs the way the pioneers did with greens and onion skins. This year we tried a new method I heard about where you wrap the eggs in silk neck ties and the pattern is transferred as you boil them. We sent Heidi and Brent out for the evening and Grandpa and Max organized a back yard wiener roast. Afterward we dyed eggs and played cards with the kids. It was fun, fun, fun!


Heidi and I undertook a little project to make these candy-filled chicks for her 15 Mia Maids. They turned out cute.


Here's out Easter dinner. If you look closely you'll find a clue as to who did the cooking.

No comments: