Monday, November 24, 2008

Britt had surgery last week and I'm in Ohio doing "The Grandma Thing." This is Burke, whom I'm meeting for the very first time. He's doing a great job of eating, pooping, and burping -- clear to see that he is destined to be a gifted child.

This is Charlie. I arrived sort of in the middle of this sugar crisis. It was a great way to make me feel that I was needed.

During the surgery, a woman from the ward came to watch the boys until I could get here. She told me that she had asked the boys if they would like to read some scripture stories. Four-year-old Theron said, "Sister Dean, we don't read the scriptures. We feast on the scriptures, and if you don't know what that means, it means we study them.



Six-year-old Isaac was looking for a Sunday afternoon project. Here's an example of what you can do with a squirt of glue, paper, and an entire roll of scotch tape. I miss these "creative years."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tristen said...

Hope Britt is okay!? Adorable pictures, what a fun week!

I am Laura said...

I am so glad you are there for her. You are the greatest and those boys are about the cutest thing ever. That Charlie and the sugar. Very funny.

Mama Williams said...

Grandma, you look tired! Glad you're there to help all those "normal and gifted" boys. Please tell Britt to Get well soon.

Aprilyn said...

Funny boys. I love the post. They are sure creative.