Monday, December 15, 2008

Boston

Today my daughter-in-law called to see if I had died. It's nice to know that people are still checking. I guess I really do need to post a blog before I head to California TOMORROW.

I had a wonderful time in Boston. Judi Jr. (can you believe our son, Randy, married a girl named Judi. We call them Randy and Judi Jr.) kept the girls out of school one day and we went to visit Louisa May Alcott's home. It was so delightfully authentic. More than 80% of everything in the home belonged to the Alcotts.

It had been forever since I had watched "Little Women" so I purchased the book and DVD so we could all refresh our memories. I had forgotten how good it was. At least that's how the girls felt. The guys stayed upstairs and played their guitars.

I even got to visit my blogging buddy The Big Red. She lives in an old high school that has been converted into condominiums. Her particular apartment was part of the auditorium. It is incredibly unique, just like she is. What a woman! I'd like to grow up to be like EP.

Ostensibly, the reason for my trip to Boston was to attend the Wreath-making party -- a Belmont/Arlington tradition of some twenty-odd years. Remember when I showed the Apple-pie-making video. It took place in this same room and how I wish there had been a video of what took place just minutes after I snapped this photo. Within an hour, several hundred beautiful wreaths walked out of this room and are hanging on neighborhood doors in the true New England tradition. It was an amazing evening of beautiful music, delicious food and creative artistry.

As I mentioned, tomorrow I leave for beautiful sunny 70-degree California (Oh wait, I just heard that it is pouring rain and cold, but since it is 7 degrees warm in Chicago right now it will definitely be better). Don't be alarmed if I don't post regularly. I'm not good at computers at my best, but when I'm using someone else's computer I don't do well at all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I wondered what happened to you. I figured you were having too much fun to blog though. Have fun in California!

ellen said...

It was a treat to see you!!!

Britt said...

Thank you...