Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weapon?


Knowing that one of the jobs on my Christmas list would be to make homemade caramels for Christmas gifting, I brought along my faithful caramel pan.  It was a last-minute decision and so it ended up in the outside pocket of my carry-on.  I'm sure they see a lot of strange things go through security, but they wanted to take a second look at that object.  It took more than a little talking to convince them that I had no intention of hitting anyone over the head with it.  


This pan belonged to my mother, and I have so many growing-up memories of sitting around the table and wrapping the caramels that were cut out of it. This pan has made thousands of caramels and has the cut-lines to prove it.
We've made, cut and wrapped another 700 this week. 

 

3 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I'm glad they let you take it with you. I love caramels.

Michael said...

Glad to see that the TSA continues their vigilant protection of the nation's skies - seriously, who are they kidding? Good for you for convincing them that you and your pan are not a threat! Merry Christmas.

Mama Williams said...

Gotta love TSA right? Seems like you had an easier time bringing home an oversized item from Utah than a baking pan. Merry Christmas!