Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Things Come in Little Packages

I grew up in Southern Utah where the deer hunt was a big deal. Hunters would come up from California, hunt in our beautiful mountains, and take home their kill. It was a common sight to see hunters cruising along with a big buck tied to the back bumper. When I was a teenager I saw a cartoon that I thought was hysterical. It showed a car with California license plates, and strapped to the back bumper was a jack rabbit. Better small than nothing, right?!

So this is sort of my "jack rabbit" from the quilting retreat. It's small, but hey, it's done! And don't think it wasn't a challenge for my poor little left hand to manipulate those tiny pieces. They aren't perfect, but as my teacher said, "If a man on a fast horse wouldn't notice it, it's good enough."
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

ellen said...

It's beautiful!!

Kristin said...

It's very cute--what are your plans for all your quilts?

Anonymous said...

thats lovely!!

Unknown said...

Your quilt is wonderful! My projects are still in the box.

Kristin said...

Fabulous work!

aunt dyanne said...

I'm thinkin' we need a new post....

how are you?

Bill Grubbs said...

I keep coming back for more inspiration!!!!!!

Deepa said...

Judy,
Wondering why no new posts ? Hope all is well.
Take care,
Deepa

Beach_Crew said...

Judy!! Where are you??
Miss your thoughts...
Taani

Mary said...

We miss hearing from you! Hope all is well!
Walker's

Britt said...

I just thought, "Hmm, what the heck I'll just check!' Nope nothin'.

Noel said...

Just so you know - I'm still checking up on you!

Noel said...

Oops - that wasn't Noel, it was Ursula who wrote that comment above...don't get spooked.

Anonymous said...

Great article as for me. It would be great to read something more about that matter. The only thing your blog misses is a few pictures of any gadgets.
Alex Karver
Cell phone jammer