Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SEW Much Fun!

It seems like I've been gone forever, and although I've had SEW much fun it is truly good to be home. I'll be sharing my trip with you for the next few days. I couldn't possibly put everything in one post.
These are my quilt retreat buddies -- my sister and her five girls. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to even think about taking a picture until the last day, and Kristin had already left for home to prepare for a huge dinner party she and Dell were hosting that evening. I can't even imagine a group that could be more fun. We laughed a lot, cried a little, and I came back with a lot of great stories to retell.

Every year there are so many beautiful quilts at the retreat. Our rooms looked like a sewing factory with sewing machines everywhere (like eight of them set up in one room, along with a cutting table and ironing board). Quilt squares are laid out on every bed, on the floor, and even in the hallway. That's a story worth telling!
Kristin finally finished a quilt she had been working on (well, actually, not working on) for years. It turned out just beautiful and I thought it was the best thing that happened at the retreat this year. She needed to measure it to figure out how much fabric to buy for the back. She couldn't find a big enough place to lay it out flat, so she took it out into the hotel hallway. There was her beautiful quilt top spread out on the floor and she was on her hands and knees with a measuring tape when two Japanese girls entered the hallway and without missing a beat walked right across Kristin's quilt top, pulling their roller bags behind them. Duh! Do you have pieced carpet in your country?
I also finished a project and left it in Utah to be machine quilted. You'll see it when I get it back. I'm really excited to get working on the other projects I started.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I really like Kristin's quilt, and that is a funny story. I can't wait to see your quilt. I really need to start working on some quilts too.