Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Can Grandmas be Friends?


You know I always wanted to be the grandma that lived close enough that the grandkids could stop by on their way home from school for snacks and a report on their school day. Well, that hasn't happened, so I'm always looking for little ways to forge some kind of relationship with our grandkids. For some unexplained reason, this guy seems to like to call his grandma -- sometimes as early as 6:00 a.m. (not really understanding the concept of different time zones, of course). When the phone rings early I think, "Ah, Theron," and you can't imagine how sweet it is to hear his little voice say, "Hi, Grandma. Guess what?" He recently had a birthday, and I now know all about these awesome Lego sets that are ninjas with "golden" weapons, like bullets ("ping, did you hear that Grandma?") or golden nunchucks. I think all my children should post our phone number next to their phone and have FHE lessons that teach them how to dial it.

1 comment:

april said...

Love it! What a wonderful relationship.