Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Have Backpack Will Travel


In this backpack is the sum total of everything I am taking to Europe for 16 days. I don't usually travel with a backpack, but we're renting a nine passenger van that advertises luggage capacity for four bags. With eight of us traveling, I decided to do my part to think small.

When I got it packed I called Randy (the younger) to enumerate what I'm taking and see if there was anything I'd forgotten:

Jacket
Swimsuit
Umbrella
Rain Poncho
P.J.'s
4 games
First Aid Kit
7 gifts for French friends
Clothesline
Kindle
Flashlight
Chargers for phone, camera, Kindle and GPS
GPS
Camera
Metal water bottle
Journal
Walking Tour guidebook for Paris
Re-useable shopping bag
Toiletries
2 pair shoes

Randy: "Mom, all that's in a backpack? What are you wearing everyday -- a bikini?
Me: "Oh, are we supposed to take clothes?"

I'm actually quite proud of myself. I have four outfits (and lots of laundry detergent).

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am quite impressed that all of that is in that backpack, you're quite the packer. I hope you have a fun trip.

ellen said...

You are a SMART PACKER! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

Jason said...

I hope you have a great trip to Europe! You've probably had lots of "2 cents", but I want to give you mine as well. During my trip to Europe, I found a quick-drying washcloth in a ziplock invaluable at times. Be safe!

BaconandBitch said...

Wow! I am super impressed!!