Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Hard Day's Work




Wow, what a day! It started at 7:00 a.m. for both of us--Randy to stake meetings, and I (with the help of our good friend Logan) started spreading mulch. Eight hours later we covered the remaining mulch and blew off the walks. May I just say that with the lawn freshly mowed, every flower bed weeded, preened, and mulched, hostas rearranged and transplanted, it was one of those ten minute windows where everything seemed just about perfect. By tomorrow there'll be new weeds, the roses will need to be dead-headed, and the front porch pot will need water. But just for those few minutes I want to take a folding chair across the street and sit and look at my beautiful yard through half-closed eyes to make sure I don't see something else that needs to be done. Thought you might like to see a couple of shots of the berm (before the mulch went down, so even more beautiful now). I love this little period with the peonies and the princess iris. Yes!


3 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Beautiful! Please come help me fix my flower beds. I hope it doesn't take til I'm an empty nester to get it "perfect" too. Great job!

Tristen said...

This is so inspiring! So inspiring! And so beautiful! I'll need your advice when I start flower gardening, for now I've got my little vegetable garden and just try to keep weeds at bay! But one day, I'll be looking for your expert advice!

april said...

Love it! I wish I could get to the no weed point!