Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another Opportunity


Three years ago I finished a four-year term on the BYU Alumni Board of Directors. I always considered it such a privilege to be working with amazing individuals from all around the country. In preparing to write this post I went back and read some of the entries I made in my journal about the experiences I had. In almost all of them I expressed amazement at how I ever got asked to be involved. I never understood it, but I always felt it was a direct blessing from Heavenly Father for which I will always be grateful.

A few weeks ago I got a call from BYU. They need someone to serve on the board for just one year and wondered if I might be willing to fill in for them. WOULD I BE WILLING?! I'm thrilled! I jumped in with both feet and quickly prepared for the annual Alumni Chapter Conference, which was last week. I love everything BYU. Being back on campus was like going home. The conference was a nice blend of being instructed, sharing ideas, and meeting new people mixed together with some pretty fun stuff. We got to see the Jimmer Fridette Exhibition Game. Yes, that's him -- #32.
We toured the new BYUTV broadcasting facility. Tom Holmoe was our breakfast speaker, and we saw the BYU vs UCF football game. Cosmo came to our tailgate party and I got my own special hug. Some people think Cosmo may be a girl, but if so, she's really strong!

No comments: