Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Flight Delays


"I'm leaving, on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. OhhOhhhOhhh." Actually, I do know when I'll be back. I'll be back on Saturday in time for our stake conference Saturday evening session. I hate deadlines and tight connections, always fearing that something will go wrong. Don't you hate it when your flight is delayed and you have to sit there for hours! Once in a while, amazingly, it can be a huge blessing. Yesterday, Randy and one of his colleagues were on their way to China and when they got to Chicago they discovered they would have a 7 hour delay. Quick trip to the airport, Sunday dinner together, a nice walk and some conference, then back to the airport. That's the second time Randy has been delayed in Chicago. I can't think of a better place to have it happen.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That doesn't look like your kitchen...and it looks suspiciously like French food...was this photo from your trip this summer?

florence said...

hummmm, des moules !
Lucky Randy !

Aprilyn said...

I liked how you started your post. It reminded me of my Mom and Dad singing that song. :) I'm glad you got to see Randy for a few hours. I hope he has another layover soon! :)