Friday, October 14, 2011

Isaac's Birthday.

Happy 9th Birthday, Buddy! I really wish that I were there having breakfast in bed with you. I love this picture of you and me together. Many times when I look at pictures of me I think, "Seriously? Is this what I look like?" And then I quickly delete them from my computer. But not this one! This is actually what I think I look like, except for the flashing white eyes. Of course, I look way better because I'm close to you.

Isaac collects fossils and rocks, and I like to help him add to his collection. Once I gave him a piece of petrified dinosaur egg shell. That was cool! I've tried to give him this crinoid fossil I found in our garden, but he says, "First of all, grandma, it's too heavy for me to carry (like 50 pounds), and second of all, it's too big for my collection box." Funny boy! Love you!

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! I hope he has a great day.

Tristen said...

I laughed about the "this isn't what I think I look like." So true, so true! I delete pictures all of the time, and then sort of wonder if maybe I do look that way. But then every once in a while there is a shot and I say, "Look! Proof! I think this is what I look like!" Funny that my pictures of my family are always what they actually look like. All of the time. Sigh. Cute Isaac, thanks for sharing!