Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nature's Palette


A week ago I flew to Burlington, Vermont to join my sisters for a little reunion. We try to get together somewhere each year, and since our Cooley relatives settled near Pittsford in the early 1700's, we decided to combine a bit of "leaf-peeping" with family history. I have never seen more beautiful leaves. As our plane lifted off yesterday I pressed my face to the window. As far as the eye could see it was a patchwork of reds, yellows, and oranges interspersed here and there with green pastures and beautiful clear lakes. I simply could not get enough of it! I could retire there in a heartbeat if I could just figure out a way to somehow get Vermont and Utah closer together!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures!! I love the deep colors of the leaves when they change colors.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a wonderful vacation. I was just reading about leaf color. Besides the type of tree and soil composition, I think it depends on temperature - some unique combination of warm, sunny days and cool nights.

Mama Williams said...

I am hoping to see some beautiful leaves myself this weekend. I'm heading to N.J. to visit Marti and prep for the baby.

Stephanie said...

Your pictures turned out gorgeous, we loved having you. Come back next fall and we'll get you some more fall pictures. This is my first time checking out your blog. How fun, I loved seeing your big pot of chili and the table set for all of those lucky missionaries.

Britt said...

I'm with you...I can't seem to get enough of fall leaves. The season goes by way to quickly.