Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gasing the Car

Gasing the car is something I truly dislike doing and I often long for the olden days when every gas station was a full-service station. They would fill the tank, wash your windows, and check your oil--all while you sat in the comfort of your warm (or cool) car. If Randy and I occasionally switch cars and he fills mine for me I consider it a gift. Here's a little entry from my journal five years ago this week:

1. I'm grateful for tomatoes. There's nothing quite like a fresh tomato sandwich with mayo, salt and pepper. (I still agree heartily)

2. I'm grateful for pasta. We ate at Noodles tonight. It was so yummy and satisfying!

3. I'm grateful to have a small car. It only cost me $35 to fill up today. Since Katrina and Rita gas prices have soared to over $3.00 a gallon. When Randy and I got married gas was 25 cents a gallon. We could fill our little VW Beetle for $2.50.

Somehow, reading this makes me feel really old!

1 comment:

Britt said...

You could retire to MA where you can easily find a full service station. On the other hand you would spend all your retirement money on milk at $3.99 per gallon! After reading your post about working I've decided to try to find a place to live by friends/family who have kids the same as ours so that when there is work to be done we can just swap kids!