Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hanging out in Sunny California


So here I am in sunny California, hanging out with this group waiting for the arrival of their new baby brother. Today was my training day -- how to drive to the elementary school, how to drive to the middle school, how to pick up the kids in the car pool, how to get to the soccer field, how to get to Costco. I forgot to bring my GPS. How silly!

Heidi: Remember to only drive 15 mph in our neighborhood.
Me: Okay.
Heidi: Remember that in California you can't talk on your cell phone while you drive.
Me: Okay.
Heidi: Remember to put the card with the names of the kids in the car pool on the dash board.
Me: Okay.
Heidi: Remember that you have to lock the doors by hand.
Me: Okay.
Heidi: Remember the gate code for the violin teacher's gated community.
Me: Okay.
Heidi: Remember to read to Mia twenty minutes per day.
Me: Okay.
Heidi: Be sure to check the back of the van to make sure it is far enough into the garage before you close the door.
Me: Okay.

Can I do it? I'm not sure, but are there any points for being willing?

5 comments:

I am Laura said...

Those grandchildren take after you. The oldest son has your exact face. You are such a good grandma. I am glad you are blogging again.

Kristin said...

when I go somewhere and someone else is in charge, you should see the "document" I leave behind reminding them of all those "things". Tell Heidi to get out the postits--I'll never forget what Brent's house looked like when we went there the first time and Cheryl had left postits EVERYWHERE reminding people to shut the refrigerator and not to leave the garbage disposal on, etc.

ellen said...

you are a GREAT grandma!

Britt said...

oooooh! cute hair grandma! You can do it!

Tristen said...

What a beautiful bunch you have there... I'm not sure I've ever told you guys but every time we spend time with the Esplins both Ken and I say to each other, 'We should have more kids like the Esplins." They are such a sweet bunch of people, I love it. Hope you survived!