Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Pressure's On

Spiritual midget that I am, I really enjoyed conference today. There were some powerful messages and many spiritual take-aways, but can I just confess that the one thing that caught my attention most was far from spiritual. Elder Gerrit Gong is going to be the visitor for our stake conference next week and will be dining at our table for two days. He spoke this afternoon. You will probably remember his talk. He said that when his son was in the MTC Sister Gong sent homemade bread to him and his companions. He read the letters his companions had sent to Sister Gong. One of them said, "Sister Gong, this was the best bread I have ever eaten in my life. Please keep me in mind in case things don't work out well between you and Mr. Gong." I won't be feeding Elder Gong any homemade bread, but I did bake dinner rolls the day before I left for California and put them in the freezer. I wonder how Sister Gong is with rolls?!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, I would be more worried that he would throw out some thought provoking riddle like the blackberries when red are green one...I finally got it at the end of his talk! I'm a bit slow.

Buddy and Debi said...

You're back! How slow am I? I finally feel plugged in again. Thank you for your writing and great messages. And - please keep us informed about your newest grandson. We would love to hear.

april said...

I have heard many good things about your bread. I am sure your rolls will be excellent with your jam.

Tristen said...

This is awesome. I totally loved that part of his talk and I would have choked if I realized that was the Elder you were going to have at your house next week! I've had your rolls, I know they are going to be amazing!