Friday, July 29, 2011

Marilyn

Quinn has been invited to a scientific conference in Brazil, the very place he served his mission. It's hard to believe, but that has been ten years ago and his passport has expired. He's trying to go through an expedited process to get a new passport and visa, which necessitated me making an emergency trip to the Brazilian Consulate in Chicago on Quinn's behalf. It was a pretty straight-forward process, but it did require an early-morning trip into the city and walking a fair distance in the rain (which was probably good for me). What made it worth it, besides that I love my children and would do ALMOST anything for them, was that I got to see the new Marilyn Monroe statue that is causing a buzz in Chicago. She's hot for sure, but this is the part that seems to be getting everyone's attention!

2 comments:

Tristen said...

I cannot believe how huge that is!! So funny!

La Asistente said...

Oh, to have legs like that...