Monday, February 27, 2012

Another finished project


For some unknown reason I am in the mood to clean things out, organize what's left, and finish up a lot of unfinished projects. This is a Brazilian embroidery piece that I started in 2007 and finally got the finished piece framed and given away. It is the most complicated piece of handwork that I have ever made. It involved using a pin cushion underneath the fabric, four needles with three different threads, my knees, both hands, and my mouth to make the large flowers. I remember working on it in an airport once and I had a lot of interested onlookers who couldn't believe what they were seeing. You might like to check out this previous blog to see pictures of the process. Nice to have another project out of my sewing basket.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It is totally beautiful...kinda sad you gave it away (although I'm sure that person is thrilled!!)