Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Music



A few years ago Randy and I discovered the Chicago Civic Orchestra and have fallen in love with it. It is made up of young musicians that feed into the Chicago Symphony or other major orchestras around the world. They play at Symphony Hall which is a pretty amazing place. We like to sit in the terrace seats behind the orchestra where the view (and the sound) is superb.

Most of their concerts are on Sunday which doesn't work for us. When I saw a Monday concert I ordered six tickets (which are free). We invited two other couples to have dinner at our home and then an evening in the city. (If you look at the picture you can tell which one of the group had been cooking and cleaning all day. Lovely photo!) It was delightful! I just ate the last of the leftovers for lunch, including the last piece of fresh pear pie!!

1 comment:

april said...

I have never had pear pie - sounds delightful! We used to go to the production of the Messiah at the Civic! I miss Chicago some days :)