Friday, September 24, 2010

When Things Come Together





There is a saga that goes along with our kitchen remodel. You'd think after 33 years of waiting that I would know exactly what I wanted, but that has not been the case. I did know that I wanted painted cabinets and that I like a lot of light. The hard part has been deciding how to decorate.

I paid someone to come in and give me some suggestions. She walked through the house and gathered up all the things she liked from the other rooms and put it all together. I liked it, but quickly realized that the reason I liked it was that I was the one who picked and purchased all those things for a different room. I was "stuck" for a couple of months until I decided that it was the wrong color scheme and I needed to start over. Out went the brown, gold and orange. In came red and green. Slowly, one piece at a time, I purchased the furniture, the cushions, the fabric for curtains, the pictures for the wall. Finally it all came together yesterday when Randy helped me hang the curtains. I like it and I did it all by myself. The timing couldn't have been better. My sister and her husband came from Utah to spend the day with us. Don't you love company.

4 comments:

ellen said...

I want to visit you in your fancy new kitchen! It's beautiful!!

Tristen said...

It's beautiful! And I'm impressed, those things will never come easily to me, I'm afraid. Beautiful!

Britt said...

As Burke would say, "Lub it!" It looks great (the food too)! Can't wait to see it in real life...when will that be?

Heidi said...

Love your new kitchen! You did a great job! I love how bright and cheery it is. I want to see pictures of the sitting area, too.