Friday, April 4, 2008

Do you Remember?

Tomorrow I leave for board meetings at BYU. I realize that for many, BYU is "the school they love to hate." At the risk of offending some, may I just say that for me, BYU is the school I love, period. In fact, I don't just love it -- I'm passionate about it. You need to know that my loyalty isn't because that's the only school I've ever attended. I went to BYU for two years. I spent an additional five years at two other universities. BYU is different. We talk a lot about the "Spirit of the Y." The Spirit of the Y is actually THE Spirit. It's an amazing and unique place that offers the environment where the Spirit can be operative in every aspect of your life. Whenever I hear a BYU student say, "Oh, BYU is okay," there is a little part inside of me that cries, because I think to myself, "She doesn't get it! She's missed it!" And how sad is that.

Here are a few things that I love about BYU and that evoke pleasant memories for me.










Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I agree with you. BYU is awesome! I love it too and I didn't even get to go there for school!!

The Captain said...

I love BYU so much! I'm going to miss it so much!

Mama Williams said...

Not a fan of BYU. We do love BSU however. We hope to see you this weekend if you can make it over to Toni's!

Alisa said...

Ok, now you have officially made me homesick!