Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Foamopedic Surgery

I have been on a quest to find the perfect pillow for me. I've tried down pillows, poly-filled, fat pillows, hard pillows, rice-filled pillows, pillow rolls and contoured foam pillows. I actually quite like the foam memory pillows, but the one I have is too thick. They come in a variety of thicknesses so I thought I might buy a thin one, but it occurred to me that buying another expensive pillow as an experiment might not be the best idea. While I was trying to go to sleep I thought about my friend, Marilynn, who attacks the tree stumps around their family cabin freehand with a chain saw, turning them into bears. If she can do that, surely I can remodel a pillow, and so at 1:23 a.m. the bright lights came on and I took my pillow into surgery. Lacking the proper jigs or a pattern, I decided to use a creative approach rather than scientific. I also failed to follow the first rule of carpentry -- measure twice, cut once (It's on the thin side). It's a little premature to assess the final outcome, but after "rounding" on it one night, I'd say the prognosis is very good.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Britt said...

I feel your pain. I end every day by punching my pillow a few times to fluff it up enough. You might say just buy a new one but...just like you, I have. I am tired of buying a new pillow. I am close to breaking the bank with this pillow search. I just want the perfect one to magically appear.

gollyjess said...

Judy, there is nothing like a scientific-creative experiment at 1:30 am. Except if it involves an electric knife! I am going to have a talk with Randy when he gets home about locking sharp kitchen utensils up!

Kristin said...

You are just so awesome. I would totally think such a thing was completely logical in the middle of the night.

Hope you really do like the finished product.

Aprilyn said...

I have a memory foam pillow as well and I love it. I'm sorry you still have trouble sleeping. Do you have apnea or anything? We're about to try a CPAP machine on Marshall. I hope your pillow turns out good. I have to turn mine over every once in a while or it gets too flat.