Thursday, July 31, 2008

All Good Things Must End

Today is our last full day at Aspen Grove. Tomorrow we check out and head for Southern Utah. These are the bands that have entitled us to three square meals a day without so much as lifting a finger to prepare it or clean it up. Not only have we been fed physically, we have feasted spiritually. Our Sunday evening fireside speaker was Cheryl Lant, General President of the Primary. In addition to her talk, I've had several personal conversations with her that were intimate and sweet. We've attended lectures on strengthening marriage. We've listened to five lectures by Susan Easton Black. I met my brother's grandson whom I've never met (He works here at Aspen Grove). We had two days of challenging and productive meetings. I love the people I've met and worked with through my Executive Committee assignments. We played games together in the evening and our fearless leader taught us how to play "Scum." Come on over and we'll play a few hands. We've met wonderful people from all over the country. The only thing better than new friends is old friends. Another family from our very own ward is here this week. So fun to bump into the Clarks. We've napped and read (I just finished There is no me without you, the account of one woman's efforts to save the orphans of Africa. What an appropriate read, since Kristin is in Africa right now.) We've watched movies and eaten ice cream from the Creamery -- about the best ice cream you can find. We've enjoyed one of God's most beautiful creations and breathed a lot of wonderful mountain air. Life is good!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hi guys- I'm jealous you got to visit the mountains. Sounds like a great and relaxing time! Hopefully we will make it out West again soon, I miss the landscape texture (Wisconsin hills just aren't the same). Take care!

Jason