Monday, July 7, 2008

When you think of the Fourth of July do you automatically think of homemade ice cream? Fourth of July -- homemade ice cream. Fourth of July -- homemade ice cream. We don't make homemade ice cream very often these days. Four quarts of ice cream is a lot for two people to eat. Since we were invited to a cookout with a group of friends and instructed to bring something to share, we decided to whip up a freezer of my current "favorite".

BoAnne's Lime Ice Cream

2-3 Quarts Half n Half
3 cups sugar
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade concentrate
juice and zest from 3 limes
6 oz. pkg. lime jello

Dissolve the 3 cups sugar in 2 quarts half n half. Combine the limeade concentrate, lime juice and lime zest in sauce pan and heat to lukewarm. Add the lime jello and stir until dissolved. Pour into the cream and sugar mixture. Put into freezer and add the additional quart of half and half until the freezer is 2/3 full. Freeze. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister's ex, trying to be creative, used to serve thousand island ice cream, and 7-up ice cream, which was just as bad.

I am Laura said...

Oh I love homemade ice cream. I never make it myself, but my dad always made raspberry ice cream with our fresh raspberries from the garden and then when the peaches were in season we would have peach ice cream. Homemade icecream is the best.