Thursday, July 3, 2008

Laundry day blues


I had a roommate in college who came from an affluent family and had never done her own laundry until she went away to school. She told me that when she lived at home she loved laundry day. She would stand in front of her closet and touch each freshly ironed shirt and think, "Oh, I can't wait to wear all of these." Now on laundry days she would stand in front of her closet looking at all the freshly ironed shirts she had ironed and think, "Oh, I wish I didn't have to wear that one. Oh, I'm never going to wear that one again!" I know exactly how she feels.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I'm lazy. I never iron anymore. That's bad. I should.

Unknown said...

Amazingly, I logged onto your blog today and it came through. I had fun reading everything I missed. That was a darling picture of Heidi and her baby. I remembered the curlers that got bigger and bigger as I tried to get my hair straight. About ironing; we used to have a shop called Westminster Lace in Seattle, but after a decade it closed. My sister and I both loved it, but she said she thought the reason lacy linens went out of style is because they are so hard to iron.

Judy said...

Welcome back, June

Mama Williams said...

I hate ironing and rarely do it. We buy a lot of wrinkle free cotton and I grab it right out of the dryer. It's a real labor of love when I do iron.