Thursday, January 15, 2009

Are We Prepared?

Last night was our ward cannery night. Randy and I had ordered a few things we were running low on. We had about 20 people working and were able to can almost 500 #10 cans of everything from powdered milk to apple slices to potato pearls to refried beans. We like Stephen's hot chocolate mix, but used the last drop at Christmas time. We can't get it around here, so we were grateful to get 30 pounds of cocoa mix for our storage. That should last us for a few weeks. We also got 30 pounds of fruit drink mix. If we ever have to live off of our food storage, I'm thinking we'll be glad to have something besides water to drink. We feel blessed to have a bishop's storehouse so close to us and to be able to spend an evening with people we love helping each other become better prepared. We're now $150 closer to being able to care for ourselves in an emergency.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I wish I could say we are prepared. We're working on it though.

gollyjess said...

Alma and I had so badly wanted to join the 'party', but lucky him, he was out of town for one of the coldest weeks ever, and so I guess we have to wait until next month. I hope that certain doom does not strike before then!