Thursday, January 22, 2009

That Magical 32

Today our temperature is supposed to creep past that magical 32 degrees Fahrenheit all the way to 34. I will be grateful for any speck of ice and snow that might possibly melt from our driveway before the temperature plunges again tomorrow. Where was all this snow during the holidays when we could have taken the grand kids sledding, played Fox and Geese, built snow forts and snowmen?!

When I was 11 or 12, my dad purchased some Army Surplus skis (which were wooden and about 20 feet long) and introduced me to skiing. We drove up Cedar Canyon on treacherous roads to the College Cabin near Woods Ranch. They had set up a short tow rope which hauled us up to the top of the hill. It was about a 60 second descent, snow-plowing all the way. That's about as proficient as I ever got. Some of my children enjoy skiing, as do some of my grandchildren. Adam especially loves it and actually attends a ski school twice a week. His grandma Judy can hardly breathe when she watches this eleven-year-old daredevil ski.

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

That is impressive!! I can't even ski at all. It scares me.

Aprilyn said...

Good job embedding the video!! Next I'm going to teach you how to upload your own. :)