Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another Birthday?

Okay, so it's been a busy birthday week for our family. Yes, today is my oldest granddaughter's birthday. Emily is 13 years old today -- a real teenager! She is a darling, smart, talented girl. You should hear her play the harp. She has a few gigs lined up this summer to play for wedding receptions. She's quite a girl. Not only is her music beautiful, she is beautiful inside. A year ago I was in Utah at general conference time. The Monday after, I got to drive Emily's car pool to school. I was amazed that this car full of girls wasn't talking about clothes or makeup or boys. They were talking about conference -- which talks they liked, the cool story about the pickles, the new general authorities, President Hinckley. Randy and I have a little saying, "Unless our children exceed us, we have failed." We feel very successful! Our children have turned out to be far better parents than we were, and we have the grandkids to prove it! Happy Birthday, Emily!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

What a wonderful girl! I love it when kids talk about good things. My Nate gets very upset when women wear immodest clothing. He says it's SICK! I am happy when he thinks things like that.

Tristen said...

Happy Birthday this week to all of your family! I love early May birthdays... mine is May 6th like Mia! Have I ever told you how much I love your blog? And my mom mentioned it to me the other day too... we both are major regular readers. I get your posts updated to my Google Reader right as they come in and I'm always so excited to read yours. Thanks for posting!

I have a favor/question for you... I'm looking to try to get ahold of Brother Duncan... do you know if they are still in Naperville and how I could get ahold of him? If so, can you either post his contact information in my blog (I won't publish it...) or send me an email to tristen@usairfiltration.com? My husband is thinking about doing IP law-- he's just about done with the Berkeley Chemical Engineering program and is hoping to talk to someone in the law industry... maybe Randy has advice also?? Anyways, thanks so much!

Emily Brown said...

Thanks Grandma for the present that you gave me for my birthday! I am so grateful for you and grandpa, and I like this entry!!!

Emily

Britt said...

Cute hair Em! Happy birthday!!