Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mia!

Today is Mia's birthday. She is three years old. She is my number twelve grandchild, and I was there the day she was born. Her mother was scheduled for induction on 05-05-05. I didn't care about having a Cinco de Mayo baby, but I thought it was a great idea because it was a date that my "Grandma brain" could easily remember. Unfortunately, every Hispanic woman in the state of California who was due within two weeks did want a Cinco de Mayo baby. The hospital called at 6:00 a.m. with news that they were totally "slammed", and not to come in. There was no way our baby was going to be born at that hospital that day. Or the next. Or the next. However, if we were willing to drive fifteen minutes to Laguna Beach, she could be delivered the next day. So little Amelia (Mia) was born on 05-06-05 in a beautiful hospital on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The entire west wall of her room was a window looking out on white sand, ships sailing by, sail boats dotting the water, and palm trees swaying in the breeze. And that's pretty much the story of her life. Take a look at her face -- "Life is a breeze!"

1 comment:

Aprilyn said...

She is s cutie! I didn't know Heidi had a 3 yr old too. What a darling family!!!! I hope Mia has a wonderful birthday.