Friday, May 9, 2008

The real thing?



The other night we were talking to our Boston grandkids on the web cam. This old picture of me was sitting on my desk. Randy picked it up and held it up to the camera. We saw Natalie look at her dad and say, “Was Grandma’s hair really that color? (Yah, I was always a “towhead” just like she is). It reminded me of an experience I had as a missionary. When Sister Hafen was my companion we were knocking doors one day when a woman answered the door. We introduced ourselves. She looked at us for a minute and then just before she closed the door in our faces she puckered up her mouth and said, “Zwei solche blonde Maedchen -- und die Eine nicht ganz echt!” (Two such blonde girls – and one of them nice quite real!”) Since we were equally blonde, and both naturally blonde, we’ve wondered to each other for 40+ years which one she thought was using the bottle.

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

I love seeing all these old pictures of you! You look great (still do). What a funny story.

Britt said...

Cute pics!