Monday, February 25, 2008

Bryce Canyon

This is my sister Anne. She invited me to come to the Quilt Retreat. Not only that, she paid for my registration, my hotel, and all my food. She's been like a mother to me most of my life. She is one of the most amazing people I know. She has an incredible mind, can do everything, has a near-perfect family, is loved and admired by everyone who knows her, and is kind and generous to everyone.

This was the first time I've ever been to Bryce in the winter. It was beautiful with a fresh coat of soft snow.

It was so bright outside my viewfinder screen was completely black. These photos were strictly "point and shoot."

We were following two busloads of French tourists. As we arrived, they were leaving. Other than that, we pretty much had the place to ourselves. I was struck by the silence. Being at Bryce brought a flood of memories of the years I worked at the Grand Canyon. Oh, the stories I could tell. But that's for another time.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tristen said...

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! I'm sure it was even more beautiful in person. Will have to make it out there one day...

ellen said...

Pretty pictures! My parents met at the Grand Canyon!!

Mama Williams said...

So beautiful! You look wonderful too! We were there 2 years ago. We just love the National parks in Utah.