Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Test

I know I said I wasn't going to be blogging, but I haven't gone yet and I want to post this last little experience so that I don't forget it. (I have so many things I want to blog about. Even before I post today's blog I'm thinking about other things I don't want to forget to blog about.)

Last Monday I was talking to Isaac. I told him that I had just mailed him a valentine. It was clear from our conversation that Isaac, at just five years old, isn't exactly sure how the whole mail thing works. So yesterday when I was talking to him I asked him if he got the valentine that Grandpa and I sent. He hemmed and hawed around and then said, "Yeah." I wasn't so sure he had put everything together so I decided to test him. "What was inside the valentine?" I asked. He hemmed and hawed around and then said, "A dollar!" "Yep," I said. "You're right." Isaac said, "Hey, how did you know there was a dollar in there?" "Because I'm the one who sent it to you. It was from Grandpa and me." There was a long pause and then Isaac said, "Grandma, if you already knew there was a dollar in there, why are you asking me?"

No comments: