Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year

Hey, it's Leap Year, and today is the big day! I've always wondered what it would be like to have your birthday on February 29th. I know that February 29th really messed us up 28 years ago. Three of our children were born on the 18th of the month. We were going for number four. I guess somebody forgot to tell Quinn about Leap Year. He was born by emergency C-section on March 17th. We were disappointed not to hit the 18th (It makes it so easy to remember your kids birthdays), but St. Patrick's Day is a pretty cool day. We had already picked the name Quinn, but I must confess that we added Patrick as his middle name. Doesn't Q. Patrick Peterson sound distinguished?! During his growing up years we almost convinced Quinn that a leprechaun stole him and put him under a cabbage leaf where we (fortunately) found him.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad that you found Quinn, I would be lost without him.

Aprilyn said...

I remember calling him QP a few times. I'm glad you discovered Quinn. He's a great kid. St. Patrick's Day is special to us too because Nathan got adopted by Brian on St. Patrick's Day 3 years ago.