Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Winter

We had a beautiful winter snow storm during the night. I love the world dressed in white. I love the sound of the snow blower, which means that my man is clearing a way for me to escape. I realize that I am a really lucky (I should say blessed) woman. What does a 23 year old know about what will make for a happy marriage?! If I had been making the decision by myself, I probably wouldn't have married Randy. But, we had an arranged marriage of sorts -- arranged by a higher power -- by Someone who knew my needs better than I, by Someone who chose for me a man with the qualities that have helped us through the difficult times that come to all marriages. Randy is a "server" who truly cares about those he serves more than he does about himself, and he enjoys nothing more than serving "the one." Years ago when Randy was the bishop we were tying ourselves inside out trying to arrange our schedule so that he could go home teaching. I said, "Randy, you're the bishop. You spend so many hours serving this whole ward. You have other important things to do. Can't someone else do the home teaching?" He said, "If I don't have the time to be a faithful home teacher, I have no business being the bishop." Now he's the stake president, but still serving as a faithful home teacher. One of the young men he home teaches has a part in the high school musical. Randy has stake president responsibilities every night of the performances. You'd think that was a pretty good excuse, but no, he has taken a day off work to attend this morning's matinee performance for students. You need something? Just call Randy.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Britt said...

We think he's pretty special (what an understatement!).

ellen said...

What the world needs is more Randy Petersons!

Tiffany said...

We also think Randy is wonderful, we are so grateful for all that he does for our family. Whenever Randy and Judy come to visit, they can't just have fun, they have to be busy helping and serving us, we really appreciate it.

Alisa said...

Sounds liek you both are pretty lucky ehh!

Aprilyn said...

I think he's pretty wonderful too!!

Mama Williams said...

Uncle Randy is the perfect match to you Aunt Judy. You are both so sweet and kind. My only regret growing up was that Chicago was sooo far away from Oregon. I love you both dearly!