Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Letters

As you will remember from this previous blog, I love to write letters. But even more than that, I love to get letters. There is nothing quite like a letter that arrives in an envelope. Very few people send that kind of letter these days. We are a telephone, texting, email generation. And so a letter like this one is priceless to me. You may have to zoom in to read it, but it is well worth reading this letter from our 10-year-old grandson, Max. (Especially since he paints such a great picture of his "wonderful" grandparents.)

This is Max and his three sisters. I was there on the day that each one of them was born, and those first few hours of life are precious memories to me. Max was born on Bastille Day, which is a special day in our family history (another story for another time). I've never known another baby that was so engaging. Max smiled all day long, just looking around and hoping that someone would notice him. And people did -- everywhere he went -- at the supermarket, at the bank, at church, at the doctor's office, riding in his stroller. He's smart, he's a picture perfect swimmer, he's had his own laptop since third grade and can do a lot more than his grandma can, he's polite, a great brother, and has very good manners! Thanks, Max, for remembering your grandparents. We're looking forward to hearing from you again soon!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

ellen said...

That is a sweet letter. I was at the Belmont Petersons tonight and your youngest granddaughter made me a plate full of treats to take home (gogurt, goldfish crackers, a cookie, cereal, carrots with peanut butter and a granola bar)! I love those kids!!

Aprilyn said...

That is so cute. I love how he said he's not that old yet! What a good boy. Now I just have to figure out whose son he is. I've been slacking and need to get your family figured out. :)