Monday, June 2, 2008

Fingerprints

































When our children were young we lived about an hour's drive from Grandma Ann and Grandpa Ted. We drove up frequently to see them. When it was time to leave they would always stand inside the storm door and wave good-bye. Grandma already held a spray bottle of Windex and a paper towel in one hand. Before we even got out of the driveway she was cleaning away the little fingerprints. All of our little "fingerprinters" left this morning. The house is so quiet. I miss the sound of little footsteps, the hugs and Eskimo kisses, and the "Hey, Grandma, guess whats". Come back, Come back, soon!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks Bapa (Grandma) and Bapa (Grandpa) for the fun weekend. I sure had a lot of fun playing with you guys and being spoiled.

uv oo (love you)
Clarissa

Aprilyn said...

I think a sign of a truly wonderful Grandma (and Grandpa) is that they are sad to see their little Grandchildren go. I'm glad you have so many to love and that your family will just be getting bigger. What a blessing!!

Mama Williams said...

O Grandma learned to love those fingerprints when they got fewer. When Lizzy was a baby she told me she left them on the t.v. for a month after we left. We all learn to appreciate life's little messes at different times I guess. As for now, I wipe away.

I went private on my blog but sent you an invite. Love to keep in touch.