Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


When I was a young girl I saw a Dennis the Menace cartoon. Dennis gave his mother a case of Bazooka Bubble Gum for Mother’s Day. I thought it was so funny. My Father’s Day gift to Randy this year was sort of the adult version of Dennis the Menace.

I’ve been wanting a slide scanner. I told Randy I wanted one for my birthday, but I told him way too early. He, of course, forgot. I tried a subtle suggestion again for Mother’s Day, but Randy gave me a new Bosch bread mixer, and I would never complain about that – I love it! Randy’s head is full of too many important things to catalog and retrieve bits of unimportant trivia like the mention of something I want for an occasion that is still months away. I, on the other hand, am pretty good at remembering people’s “wants.” Randy has been “wanting” an external hard drive for his computer, and that’s what I was going to get him for Father’s Day. Unfortunately, two weeks ago he bought one for himself. That was my only idea, and what was I going to do now? Yep, I bought him a slide scanner. And the guy acted completely thrilled when he opened it. He even suggested that maybe we should keep it downstairs in my office so it wouldn’t clutter up his. That’s the kind of guy I married 41 years ago. And what did he get? Well, as I always say, “I am what I am, and that’s all that I am.”


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Hehe. I'm glad you, I mean Randy, got what he wanted for Father's Day. We have that kind of scanner too. It's great!

Anonymous said...

He,he..good for you.
What I usually do is get a gift for my hubby and use his credit card to pay ;))

Mama Williams said...

O I love it!