Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No trifling matter

When your kids are all grown, there's nothing quite as wonderful as having them back for a visit, even just for a day. Randy the Younger has a scientific conference in Madison, WI, and, fortunately, the easiest way to get to Madison is to fly into Chicago. We so enjoyed his stay. When children become too grown up to hold on your lap and hug and kiss, I've come to realize that one of the natural ways for me to show my love is by feeding them. He got here just in time for lunch on the patio; it was a gorgeous day! We finished off the meal with a special dessert, because having Randy here was no "trifling" matter.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

ellen said...

I think I might have been behind him yesterday when he was headed for the airport!

Aprilyn said...

I'm glad you got a visit...even if it was short.

Anonymous said...

My,my..handsome guys,aren't they? :)

Bill Grubbs said...

Looks like two happy guys. They both have one good thing in common. They both have Judy in their lives!