Friday, June 6, 2008

Ginger Pancakes for Ten

We had house guests last night. The Gales are on a road trip across the country. They allowed a one-day stop in Chicago (Now they wish they had allowed more time. Don’t underestimate Chicago!) I fixed Ginger Pancakes for breakfast this morning. How many pancakes does it take to feed ten if four of them are teenagers? Well, I made about 75 pancakes. There were three left over. I love to cook for people who aren’t picky eaters and who are appreciative! Here’s the recipe for Ginger Pancakes. They make a great company breakfast! If you’re planning to serve ten, you’ll probably need to four times the recipe.

Ginger Pancakes

1 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ t. soda
¼ t. salt
½ t. ginger
1 t. cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 ¼ c. milk
¼ c. molasses
1 Tablespoon oil
Sliced bananas

Combine all dry ingredients. Add milk, egg, and molasses. Mix well and add oil. Fry on a hot griddle

Lemon Sauce

½ c. sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup hot water
Dash of nutmeg

Mix sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg. Add water. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.

Add:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon lemon rind

Serve pancakes covered with sliced bananas and top with hot lemon sauce. Yummm!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Someday I hope to stop in to the Peterson Lodge too. :)

Unknown said...

Me too!
Your website instructions keep asking for a different name. This one probably won't do, either.

Yunichen

I am Laura said...

Ben and I loved these when we stayed at your house. I have made them two times since, but I have to say that you make them best. You are a great hostess.

Mama Williams said...

Ooo Yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe! Makes me want to visit you in Chicago.