Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fashion Intervention

Our daughter, Kristin, was here for the weekend. To me, she talks like, acts like, and even looks like Sarah Palin. We had a way fun time. On Sunday I took her to the airport. Just as I got home she called to say that the flooding had delayed her flight so long she had changed her flight until the next day. We went back to the airport and brought her home for another night.

I received a call from Amvets reminding me of the pick-up scheduled for the next morning. Kristin seized on the opportunity and declared a "Fashion Intervention." She went through my closets and discarded enough clothes to fill four large garbage bags. She was brutal, throwing out all my Talbot's clothes and even my newest purchase of not more than a few weeks ago (what does that say for my taste?). When I protested she said she would buy me something new to replace it, and I'M HOLDING HER TO IT!

Some of those things were old and should have been given away years ago. I'm not a "saver" and must admit that it felt good to put those bags on the porch, but I'm warning you, you're going to see a lot of TSOT (The Same Old Thing) this year!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Tell Kristin that if she saw my wardrobe, it might shock her so much she would run screaming from my house! :) I hope she buys you a new outfit soon. She sure looks great! I love looking at pictures and seeing how much Adam looks like her!

Unknown said...

My computer lets me log on, but most of the time balks at letting me post a comment. I had to insist, today. I have clothes in my closet so old if I ever wear them again I'm going to call them retro. I am amazed at Kristen for keeping her life together with the same illness that has knocked me for a loop for a dozen years.

Judy said...

June,

She lives on Prednasone. And pushes herself a lot. She's a spunky gal!

Mama Williams said...

Way to go Kristin! We must be related, cause I'd do the same thing.
Why is she taking Prednasone?

Unknown said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA1!!

Kristin!!