Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Fish Out of Water

Have you ever read A Fish Out of Water about the little boy who buys a fish at the pet store. Mr. Carp tells him to be very very careful about what he feeds the fish "because you never know what might happen." The fish quickly outgrows the bowl, a vase, a pot and the bathtub. Finally, the fish has to be removed from the house with a crane, the cable wrapped around his tail. We obliterated our "fish out of water." It worked perfect this year. Charlie started (youngest first). The little ones get as many turns as they want. Mostly they can hardly hold the bat up. The middle ages have to use a blindfold. When we get to the older boys they have to be blindfolded and then "wound up" really good. They stagger around, swing at the air, and occasionally connect with a good blow. We got all the way to Bennet (the oldest). His first hit sent candy flying everywhere. Good thing! Some of the little ones are a little sad when the pinata breaks. In her little thank you letter Nicole (age 5) said, "I liked the pinata because it was a fish and I like fish." A fun tradition!


This year our pinata was WAY versatile.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tristen said...

I CANNOT believe how old your grandkids are getting! Bennett is almost as tall as RANDY!! I can't believe that!!

Aprilyn said...

I love the pictures! It looks like the pinata was a really fun thing to do!
I love seeing pictures of your family now. Everyone has changed so much since I last saw them. I wish we could have a big Peterson/Grubbs reunion someday. THAT would be fun and I bet it would have lots of music. :) I miss you.