Sunday, February 8, 2009

Heart Attack

How would you like to have a stroke and then less than two weeks later have a heart attack? It happened to me. Randy had interviews at the church, and since I was alone that night he put me to bed before he left -- TV on, phone close by, water and snacks on the nightstand. I was doing fine. Suddenly the doorbell rang several times. I debated about whether I should try to get up. The door was open. Why didn't they just come in? But they didn't, and it sounded so urgent. I managed to get to the closet to get a robe and then made my way carefully downstairs. That's when I realized that I had just had a heart attack.
I don't know for sure who it was, but I think it may have been our ward Young Women and Young Men. They left a box of delicious homemade frosted heart cookies -- my all-time favorite! Man, what a way to go!

7 comments:

ellen said...

Lots of people love you, sweet Judy!!

Tawna said...

Wow! A similar heart attack happened at my house. There is just so much love going around.

aunt dyanne said...

You are probably right about that YW/YM hunch.... A rather common occurance around here... and one of the little culprits left flour and frosting tracks all over my kitchen!

We love you, and are SO glad you are doing so well!

Aprilyn said...

That is wonderful. I'm glad they are taking good care of you.

Did I tell you I'm coming to Naperville? I'm coming for the YNS concert where they plan to recognize my Mom. I'm sure I'll get to see you at least for a few minutes.

Mama Williams said...

That is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Judy, you are amazing! I'm glad you are making such great progress.
I am impressed that you are still planning to be at Ruby's inn.
I didn't mean to be Anonymous, my name is Pauline and I will arrive late, so I will be looking for you on Thursday.
Keep up the good work.

Bill Grubbs said...

You look like an athlete in training for a marathon or something. Seeing others with more problems is always a good reminder of how blessed we are. I am so glad to hear of your progress Judy! Keep up the good work and keep us posted. You have always been so generous to me and my family. I wish I could be there to help you and Randy. It is an inspiration to read of your experiences, but more importantly, your attitude toward them.

Keep up the good work and keep them mail coming.

Love,
Bill