Thursday, February 5, 2009

Progress




Here you get a glimpse of that "fish hand" I've been talking about. Nice, huh?!


It's well after midnight, but I just realized that I haven't posted anything for a couple of days. Here's an abbreviated version of what's been going on:

1. I saw the doctor yesterday. She said she has been working with stroke patients for 30 years and has never seen a case like mine where recovery has been so fast and spontaneous.

2. The doctor said I don't have to use my cane. The physical therapist says she knows better and I do have to use it outside the home.

3. I got a crown on my tooth yesterday.

4. My internist said I can travel in two weeks.

5. Kristin and I went to the mall today. She threw away all my clothes during a recent fashion intervention and promised to buy me a new outfit. I have continued to remind her. Today she bought me new pants, a shirt, and a jacket. I'll model it soon.

6. We went to Costco and stocked up on things for the freezer. I'm prepared with lots of easy meals to fix after she goes home.

7. Dr. Chadhuri wrote me an order to begin the process of getting permission to drive. I had to take a bunch of tests similar to an IQ test. I have to take more tomorrow, then be tested in some kind of an auto simulator. If I pass those tests I have to take a 1 1/2 hour road test on Friday (and pay $238). I'm as nervous as if I were 16. And almost as anxious for the day to come.

8. Tomorrow will be my second physical therapy session. When did it get to be so hard just to stand on a little foam pad?!



5 comments:

La Asistente said...

Go girl!

Unknown said...

Not only am I super impressed with your positive attitude, you look beautiful!!! Yes, to second Cynthia, YOU GO GIRL!!!!

We love you much...you are STILL in our prayers. On that list: to help you to not be afraid to drive, to drive well, to laugh in the midst of this trial.

Mama Williams said...

Wow! This great! Thanks for the update on your progress. I'm glad Kristin is keeping you "hip" and I look forward to seeing that new outfit. :)

Aprilyn said...

AWESOME!! You are amazing. I'm so glad you're doing so good.

april said...

So glad it is going so well!