Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Retreat

Hi, Everyone! I'm home from the Retreat. I had such a wonderful time and there is so much to show and tell, but for some reason I'm so tired that I'm having a hard time wanting to write about it. I guess getting back to regular life is more taxing than I imagined.

I joined my sister and her five daughters. We shared two adjoining rooms at Ruby's Inn (near the entrance to Bryce Canyon). Our little rooms were a bevy of activity, as you can see from the picture. We set up seven sewing machines, two ironing boards, and everywhere you looked there were cutting boards, rulers, beautiful fabrics, and fun projects. Sleep was almost impossible, as every bed was covered with quilt blocks being laid out into patterns. Here is one of the projects that I finished.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Judy, it is amazing! I have about as much quilting talent as I have hemming talent. Yup, you guessed it. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

I have very very fond memories of an extended family reunion at Ruby's Inn many years ago. I must have been 10 or 12. It was wonderful.

Glad you had such a great time! Now get some rest.

ellen said...

I love your quilt! And the retreat sounds really fun. What pattern did you use? Tonight I finished a quilt called "triple treat" using red/blue/brown fabric from my stash. I love quilting!

I am Laura said...

that is a beautiful quilt! I am so glad you were able to go and you must be recovering well to do such a huge project.

Tiffany said...

I love the quilt, it is beautiful. I'm hoping to do Clayton's quilt soon, maybe I'll have to send it your way, it would get done a lot faster I'm sure.

aunt dyanne said...

So glad to see a new post! I'm sure you must be exhausted. The quilt is beautiful as I'm sure so are the memories... I know, that for me... I'm still floating a little bit - kept my spirits lifted and a smile in my heart all week!

Thank you for making my day (PLUS!)

Britt said...

SUPER cute!! I want to play. Especially if it ends with something that looks like that!