Thursday, February 26, 2009

Persian Pickles

Tonight was our book club. We read The Persian Pickle Club. I've read the book many times, and love it each time I read it. It's a wonderful story of friendship, loyalty, and "real" life. I think our group is a lot like the Persian Pickles. Some of us have been coming for at least 30 years, and there's a great feeling of love and support.

Barbara led the discussion. She put together a little quilt. We all signed it and made it into a "Celebrity" quilt. We raffled it off and guess who got the quilt -- I DID.

It was during last month's book club that I had my stroke. This was certainly a better night for me! Love you, Pickles!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Did anyone comment on your beads?

Mom G said...

That was fun last night! Glad you got home safely - what a storm!