Friday, April 8, 2011

A Divine Tutor

Randy and I have had some conversations recently about the direction my life is going, which often seems like it is nowhere, and very slowly at that. We find ourselves on a bit of a teeter-totter. I am alone so much of the time and long for the days when he would eventually come home from work and we could do things together. He hardly ever has time to himself and longs for the days when he could come home from work and do nothing. And our conversations have confirmed to us that there is no way we can change things right now. But I have been praying that Heavenly Father will help me see ways that I can fill my life with more meaningful and satisfying things so that I can serve and grow in ways that are commensurate with the ways that Randy's calling is helping (or causing) him to grow. When his service as stake president is over we hope that we will have some service opportunities together in which we will be prepared to be equally yoked.

How grateful I am for a Divine Tutor who led me to this story and for the insights that followed--specific ideas that came into my mind about ways that I can make a difference. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

3 comments:

Mom G said...

Dearest Judy,
How I miss you! I miss your wise, comforting spirit! How thankful I am for your friendship and continuing help even across the world. The things you share on your blog are helping many, including me! You have such an influence in so many lives. May you have a wonderful birthday and many more years.
Love, Sis. Gibson

Michael said...

I loved this message. I take a break every Friday from my office stuff to watch one of these and yesterday, I saw the Dayton video. It brought me to tears. Powerful!

Tristen said...

This is a beautiful video, so inspiring. In so many levels. And it sounds like you have found a way yourself to help a young mom toward the finish line by sharing your cooking talents and mixer with her. I'd bet that in your near vicinity there are several young moms who feel like they may never make it and that your influence will change their world forever. We all need an experienced friend to look over our shoulder and tell us that we are doing a good job. :) Thanks for keeping such a great and honest blog, it's so great to hear from you. And that video still has me sniffling.