Friday, April 1, 2011

Good Morning


Wow, my day got off to a great start! Before I even realized that Randy was up, he appeared at my bedside with a breakfast tray for Her Majesty. It's not my birthday. It's not our anniversary. It is April Fool's Day and I wondered for just a moment if . . . . . But no, he hasn't had time to think about April Fool's pranks. He's just a wonderfully kind, thoughtful man to everyone, but especially to me. He loves to serve others, and it is evidenced by the life he has led. William Shakespeare said, "To business that we love we rise betime, And go to 't with delight."

To a man who rubs my feet without even being asked; to a man who still helps me in and out of the car; who is still working when he would prefer not to; who thinks "the best" is good enough for me; who polishes my shoes; who is never in too big a hurry to kiss me good-bye; who praises every meal as though it were a feast; who turns on the light, brings my study books and glasses to me, and plumps up my pillow each morning; who saves part of every little treat to share with me; who takes credit for everything that goes wrong and gives me the credit for everything that goes right, I love you!

3 comments:

ellen said...

He's a keeper!

Aprilyn said...

My husband is very good to me too. I'm glad you are still being treated like a queen! You deserve it.

Tristen said...

Oh my gosh, this is so sweet!! Thanks for this amazingly inspiring post!! We love your family so much... you deserve the queen treatment!